AnimeJapan Organization announces an opening of AnimeJapan 2016 and Family Anime Festa, both to be held at Tokyo Big Sight in March 2016.
■AnimeJapan 2016 Main Area:
March 26 (Sat) – 27 (Sun), 2016
Business Area: March 25 (Fri) – 26 (Sat), 2016
■Family Anime Festa
March 26 (Sat) – 27 (Sun), 2016
AnimeJapan 2015 completed successfully with 121,540 attendees, 138 Main Area exhibitors, and 39 Business Area exhibitors.
AnimeJapan 2016 will have the “Main Area” and “Business Area” just as this year, to meet the different purposes of attendees.
Main Area [East Exhibition Halls 1-6] Overview
Main Area hosts Japan’s leading anime-related companies/organizations. They will display various contents in
their unique booths. AnimeJapan is becoming more developed so that audiences from across the world can be
happy with. Stage programs, exhibitions, and organizer’s projects, many of these will be more appealing than the
AJ2015. *Main Area is opening in East Exhibition Hall 1-6.
■AnimeJapan 2016 new program!
For the first time in AnimeJapan, a dining area named Food Park is going to be installed. They will be planning for
their original menu that both look good and taste good.
Under the new theme “Admiration for Anime Creation,” we are establishing Creation Area inside the Main Area.
This place will feature Creation Stage hosting creator workshops and business seminars, as well as Production
Works Gallery, in which you can feel what’s significant about making anime.
■Popular features from AJ2015 will be back!
– RGB Stage: A Reservation-only stage for the upcoming anime news, talk shows, concerts, and many other programs.
– Open Stage: A Public-open stage for unique events, the upcoming anime news, talk-shows, and more.
– Cosplayer’s World: A place for cosplay lovers across the world. We will have a setting and program to entertain them.
– Premium Collaboration: Further enriching Collaboration Showcase, two major themes, “Traditional Japanese Craft × Anime” and “Fashion × Anime” will offer items in collaboration between anime and other industries.
– AJ Gachapon: Popular badges only in AnimeJapan. Many of the most famous characters from Japanese anime will be presented.
Family Anime Festa: Overview
Along with AnimeJapan 2016, we are holding its co-event named “Family Anime Festa” for kids (elementary school age and under) and their guardians. It is a family-only area with a separated gate, which aims to be worthy for them to spend the whole day.
■Admission-free for kids under 12, and their guardians too!
Family Anime Festa aims to be a family-friendly event. That means any child enrolled in elementary school or younger, and their guardians are free to enter.
*Entering AnimeJapan from FAE (for anybody over middle school age) requires admission ticket for AJ2016.
■New programs for Family Anime Festa!
As a new program for Family Anime Festa, Family Food Park is coming up.
We are planning for an original menu that both look and taste great.
■Stage and booths for kids to enjoy the whole day!
– Family Stage: Entertainment stage for kids to have fun with popular anime, characters, and quiz shows.
– Play Corner: Unique anime-booths section with a theme of Japanese matsuri (festival).
– Let’s Make Anime Corner: Workshops for anime production. The goal is for everyone to draw a piece of work, combine them into anime.
AnimeJapan 2016 General Information
Title: AnimeJapan 2016
Venue: Tokyo Big Sight [3-11-1, Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0063]
Main Area – East Exhibition Halls 1-6
Business Area – Reception Hall, Conference Tower 1F
Main Area Schedule : 10:00-17:00 March 26 (Sat) – 27 (Sun), 2016
Programs : Exhibition booths (for displays, sales, events) / Special stage /
Business Area *Reception Hall, Conference Tower 1F / Organizer’s project etc
Admission Ticket: Sales begins from December 18 (Fri), 2015
Advanced: ¥1,600 / Free for elementary students and younger
On-site: ¥2,000 / Free for elementary students and younger
Family Anime Festa: General Information
Title: Family Anime Festa
Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (3-11-1, Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0063)
East Exhibition Hall 6
Dates : 10:00-17:00 March 26 (Sat) – 27 (Sun), 2016
Programs: Exhibition Booths (for displays, sales, events) / Family Stage / Family Food Park /
Family Play Corner / Let’s Make Anime Corner, etc
Admission Fee: Free *Admission is limited to elementary student and younger, and their guardians.
Please stay tuned for Japan’s largest anime event “AnimeJapan 2016” and “Family Anime Festa,” both to
showcase Japan’s top-leading anime companies and organization.
■AnimeJapan 2016: Official Website
■Family Anime Festa: Official Website
■Application to Exhibit in AnimeJapan 2016 / Family Anime Festa