On 14 May 2014 , Asiasoft announced the launch of RED update in MapleStory SEA, the localized version of the world’s #1 side-scrolling MMORPG, servicing gamers in Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines.
Unveiled last year during MapleStory South Korea’s 10th .is the highly anticipated update featuring three major patches, spread out over three different dates: Anniversary Celebration, RED.
14th May 2014
- Revamp of Explorer Classes: Five Explorer Class jobs (Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief and Pirate) have been revamped with new look, new skills, new quests and new tutorial.
- Open Advancement: New feature for players with Explorer Class, in which they are able to switch jobs anytime using in-game currency.
11th June 2014
- Zero Class: A new unique class where players get to control two different characters, Alpha and Beta and can switch between them anytime in-game.
- Mirror World Map: Accessible only to Zero class, the new map is a alternative version of Maple World created by Black Mage to trap Zero, where player gets to play quests created specifically for the new Class.
2nd July 2014
- Kritias: A new map where Black Mage has been hiding, featuring new challenging quests and monsters. This map is open for players level 160 and above.
- Hekaton: New epic boss which requires up to 100 players to complete.
In conjunction with the 9th anniversary of MapleStory SEA, Asiasoft will have 9 weeks of MapleSEA activities from 14th May till 15th July 2014, where players get to participate in a series of online and offline events to win prizes.
Last but not least, there will be MapleSEA 9th Anniversary Celebrations to be held in Malaysia (7th and 8th June 2014) and Singapore (28th and 29th June 2014) and the details of both events will be shared in the above-mentioned website in the near future. Check the MapleSEA website here from time to time for details on the upcoming event.