The list of post regarding AFA X is listed below,
[cat totalposts=”100″ category=”212″ thumbnail=”true” excerpt=”true” ]
If you have not been with us during the press conference, here are the highlights of the AFA X press conference. A summary of what was mentioned in the press conference this morning.
Speech by Mr. Antony Kang about Anime Festival Asia,
- The Anime Festival Asia in 2009 have grown by 15% to almost 53000 people, in terms of participants, from the 2008.
- The AFA Fanpage now have 41000 fans
- They hope to draw atleast 70000 fans to visit the AFA X.
Speech by Mr. Akira Sakai regarding the COOL JAPAN Forum,
- The AAC will be replaced by the COOL JAPAN Forum.
- Speaker for the COOL JAPAN Forum includes industry leaders.
- The price for each delegate is $238
- COOL JAPAN will also be holding an exhibition during the AFA X to showcase Japanese Technologies.
From the official media partner, Animax, by Mr. Gregory Ho
- Animax will be covering the AFA X live this year, despite it being a logistical nightmare.
- It will be providing TV updates of AFA X this year and bringing it to the region.
Festival Director, Mr. Shawn Chin from SOZO,
- AKB Town to return for the 3rd year
- Confirmed merchant includes Bandai, Cospa and Bushiroad
- There will be Exclusive merchandise, 1 of them is Bandai’s Chogokin of the Mazinkaiser.
- Cospa will be bring in the Kadokawa World tour and the Evangelion Store.
- Moe Moe Kyun Maid Cafe,
- Will be doing the School Theme
- Introduces a new maid, Moe-chan
- Atelier Royaler Butler cafe is introduced.
- AKB Mini Stage
- It’s a smaller stage for the smaller acts, like how in Akiba people are allowed to perform.
- More information will be updated soon.
- Special Guest,
- The Seiyus of the upcoming Moeblob Tantei Opera Milky Holmes.
- Kana Hanazawa, Seiyu, for the anime Angel Beats as Kanade.
- Danny Choo, Blogger extraordinaire, web 2.0 genius, TV host, internet pop icon and worldwide Otaku hero!
- Kaname, the famous Cosplayer. He even attended the Press Conference.
- Aira, the Cosplayer famous for cosplaying Mio and other sexy characters.
- AFA Tournaments,
- Bushiroad, Weib Schwarz Grand Prix Final round, where top players from Malaysia and Singapore will be competing to represent each country to Japan, where they will competing to be the Top WS player of the world.
- Regional Cosplay Championship 2010, where cosplayers from the region fights to be the best in the region. Now accepting registration, selected country representatives will be sponsored to compete in Singapore, where the Judge includes Kaname.
- Anime Blockbuster, anime screening during the festival
- Gundam OO: A wakening of the Trailblazer
- Exclusive SE Asian premier of The Disappearance of the Suzumiya Haruhi.
- I LOVE ANISONG! 5 Artist, 6 hours, 2 Days!
- First time a tier ticket is introduced.
- Normal ticket holders
- Festival Only ticket – $8 a day, no access to stage.
- Festival + Stage access + Anime Blockbuster – $15 a day.
- Upgrade access from Festival access to Festival + stage is $10 a day.
- Will not get to attend “I Love Anisong”
- VIP tickets, Concert plus Festival + Stage access
- 2 days, $198
- 1 day, $118
- Concert Standing pass plus 1 day Festival + Stage access
- $55 for each day.
- Further details for the ticketing will be announced later.
- Q&A, there’s nothing… …
End of the the press conference.
These are the highlights of the AFA X Press Conference. A more in depth report of the items announced is now on the way, so do look forward to them!
Anime Festival Asia X
Date: Nov 13th-14th
Location: Suntec Hall 401 – 402, Singapore
COOL JAPAN Forum
Date: Nov 12th
Location: Suntec Singapore
The exhibition that incorporates the 3 extinguished events in Singapore’s Anime Art scene. They are the 2 competitions, INK! and Graphite, and the 1 local/regional showcase, KALEIDOSCOPE!
Their theme for this year is Flight and the submission Deadline is the 7th of November.